2015 Outdoor Soccer Registration for Strathcona community members will take place at the Strathcona Community Hall
10139 – 87 Avenue on
Wednesday, February 18th, 7 to 9 pm
Tuesday, February 24th, 7 to 9 pm
If you are not able to attend either of these sessions, please attend the zone-wide late registration on Saturday, February 28th, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., at Bonnie Doon Mall (near Tony Roma’s), 8330 82 Ave.
Please read more for detailed information.
See the separate U4 section below for details
What you need to know:
To register your child, you will need the following:
- 2014/15 Community League membership
- Memberships will be available for purchase at registration if you do not have a current one. Cost is $20/family
- Proof of date of birth for your child
- Birth certificate, passport, or citizenship card (or any government issued identification)
- Completed registration forms
- Forms will be available at registration
- Forms (U6-U18) should be available online shortly:
- You must provide 4 copies of each completed form
- Using your child’s year of birth to determine the appropriate playing level, please provide cheques (or cash) as follows:
|Age Group||Year of Birth||Reg’n Fee||Uniform Deposit||Participation Deposit||Playing Nights||Game Time*|
|U12||2003/04||$165||$75||$150/family||Tue/Thu||6:15 or 7:30 PM|
|U14||2001/02||$195||$75||$150/family||Mon/Wed||Between 6:00-7:30 PM|
* to be confirmed prior to start of season for older age groups
- Registration Fee
- This cheque is to be dated to the current date
- Registration fees for each family member may be combined on a single cheque.
- If you are paying by cash, please ensure that you have the exact amount.
- Uniform Deposit
- Cheques are to be postdated June 01, 2015
- Cheques will not be cashed if uniform is returned at the end of season
- There must be a separate cheque per child for U8 and up
- Participation Deposit
- Cheques are to be postdated June 01, 2015
- Cheques will not be cashed if volunteer commitment fulfilled
- There is single cheque of $150 payable per family
- See current list of Volunteer Duties below
All cheques are to be made out to Strathcona Centre Community League. There will be a stamp available at registration.
These duties will be available on a first come basis (a few are already filled)
- Winterfest Volunteers (5+) – They are still looking for several people to assist this weekend with our community Winterfest this week (Sunday, February 15th, 2 – 5 pm). Multiple different opportunities exist starting before / during / after. If you can help it will fulfill your soccer participation requirement. You must contact email@example.com or Jeanie 780-803-0900 right away!
- Registration (3) – Assist with soccer registrations for both Feb 18th and Feb 24th. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org beforehand if you can help
- Line Painting (4) – A lead and three coordinates to assist painting the outdoor lines during the May / June soccer season (and helping with Paul Johnston Tournament)
- Equipment (4) – Four people who can spend 3-4 hours on a weekend TBD in June to remove, spread out, inventory and organize all the existing soccer equipment
- Start of Season Event (2) – Just prior to the start of the outdoor season, help organize and run the start of year social
- Scoring and Scheduling Coordinator (1) – Contacts coaches, helps get missing scores, assists with tiering
- Referee Training Help (2) – Helps prepare the hosting of the referee training sessions (e.g. helps buy and set out refreshments and lunch, clean up)
- Paul Johnston Tournament (currently scheduled Sunday, June 21st from 7:30-10:30 AM) (16+) – A lead and many helpers to run our Communities’ timeslot in our Zone’s year end U6-U12 tournament. Includes running concession, setting up fields, flags, 50/50 tickets
- Coaches, co-Coaches and Assistant Coaches (1+ per team) – Our most important volunteers! Must attend mandatory coaches training, and want to help coach and inspire our kids in the great game of soccer.
For additional information on the competitive U12-U18 Storm program, please see the bottom of the link below. Players must attend both tryout dates on March 16 & 17th.
U4 Soccer Program
This is a fun opportunity for our youngest community members to get together for some soccer fun. The U4 soccer is just administered by our Strathcona Community. There are several unique features to our program:
- This program is for kids born in 2011 or 2012
- You pick just one day per week (either Tuesdays or Thursdays)
- Other than needing a 2014/15 Community League membership, the only other fee is the registration of only $30
- The separate registration form lists the volunteer positions available for U4 parents: StrathconaU4Soccer2015_RegistrationForm_v1
If you have any questions about soccer, please contact one of our soccer Directors (Conrad Nobert and Simon Thomas) at email@example.com