New – art classes for kids at the hall – Mondays or Thursdays – starting October.
After School Art Class for Kids (ages 6 and up)
- Early fall session – Learn To Draw – Your Favourite Cartoons
- Mondays October 2nd to 30th (no class Oct 9th); 4:00 – 5:15, or
- Thursdays (early dismissal) October 5th to 26th; 3:00 – 4:15 pm
- Late fall session – Learn To Make – Artist Trading Cards
- Wednesdays Nov 1st to 22nd (no class Nov 9th); 4:00 – 5:15, or
- Thursdays (early dismissal) Nov 2nd to 30th; 3:00 – 4:15 pm
- Cost: $80 (includes sketchbook and all materials)
- Requirement: Community League membership required (any league).
- Register: Contact Berna at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: Have fun! Learn from a professional art teacher! Make cool stuff! Join Berna Ponich B.Ed (KEE ARTIST IN RESIDENCE, 2013 – Present) at the hall for a four week art class. Class size is limited, so register early.
Another new program:
Baby music classes – Friday mornings (ages 6 mos-3 years)
- Fall session (8 classes): Oct 20 to Dec 15 (no class Nov 10th); 10:00 to 11:00am
- Cost: $96 for 8 week session
- Register: To register contact: Lara at email@example.com or 587-974-1283
- Description: This is a group music class for 0-3 year olds and their caregivers, with instructor Lara DeBeyer. We’ll sing, dance, listen, and play together! The class is intended to expose your little ones to the joy of music through songs, rhymes, and finger plays, to give them a basic, bodily understanding of rhythm, beat, pitch, and melody, and to build early confidence in a group setting. They’ll also get experience playing some basic percussion instruments like drum, woodblock, and glockenspiel in addition to singing and creative movement. I love teaching these classes, and I hope to see you there!! Class size is capped at 8 caregiver-child pairs.
Also – Kids’ Yoga – Early Dismissal on Thursday Afternoons (ages 5 – 9). Starts Nov 9th:
- Late Fall session (6 classes): Nov 9 to Dec 14; 3:00 to 4:00
- Cost: $72 (or $60 for Community League members) for 6 week session
- Register: To register contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tina at 587-341-7777, or Chandra at 780-700-7971
- Description: This is the perfect activity for early dismissal Thursdays! Kid’s yoga is a magical adventure that helps children develop important skills in a loving environment. It nurtures creativity, mental focus, body awareness, strength and coordination. And most importantly—it’s fun! Classes led by two certified kids’ yoga instructors from Yogi Kids.