Now that the recent warm spell is over, we have been working on the ice rink and it’s now ready for skating! Come out on Sunday during the Winterfest, or any time after that as long as the ice conditions permit. (Note – the small rink is not available.
Winterfest – Sun Feb 26 – 2:00 – 5:00
- Skating, sleighrides, carnival games, burgers and hot dogs, mac and cheese cook-off
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The annual Winterfest is this Sunday, Feb 26th, from 2-5pm at the Strathcona Centre Community Hall – 10139 87 Ave. As usual, we’ll have sleigh rides, carnival games, skating (if ice conditions improve) and burgers/hotdogs/hot chocolate.
Volunteers and mac and cheese cooks still needed!
Do you have a great old time mac and cheese recipe? Or a creative new one? Enter the mac and cheese cook off and you might win one of our many great prizes:
- Rosso’s Pizzeria – gift certificate
- Blue Chair Cafe – gift certificate
- Malt & Mortar – gift certificate
- Big Rock Brewery – t-shirts, hats, etc.
- McBain Camera – gift cert, frame
- Save-On Foods – gift basket
- Ben Henderson – pottery
We need a couple more volunteers to make this great event happen, so help out if you can.
The Strathcona Centre Community League is asking for your opinion about the current new developments in Strathcona: PlanWhyte, Southpark Development and Bateman’s Wild Earth Café. Take to the following survey and give your opinion.
If you have difficulty following the above link: https://goo.gl/forms/g42tqjLMVqHPELNT2
If you would like to read more about these developments, read the following articles: