Call to Artists!
It’s that time of year again! MLA Rachel Notley is seeking artists for Art from the Unknown, 2017.
This free event provides a no-cost gallery space to new and emerging artists in our community. A new and emerging artist is defined as any artist, regardless of skill level, whose primary income does not come from selling their work. Low-income artists are especially encouraged to apply.
Art from the Unknown caters to both visual and performing artists. The show provides either hanging space or sculpture plinths for visual artists and free stage time for musical artists. Visual artists are encouraged to sell their work directly to patrons. Musical artists are welcome to solicit financial contributions from guests during performances. Read more…
- Saturday, October 14, 2017
- from 9am – Noon
- at St. Anthony’s Centre (10425 – 84 Ave)
will be our 2nd Annual Fall Gathering. The morning will include a coalition update as well as an opportunity for parents, dayhome providers, childcare professionals, preschool teachers, preschool and childcare board members, and anyone else interested in the early years to attend various workshop sessions. Topics include:
Backdoor Physical Literacy: Outdoor Play in the Backyard
Brain Architecture Game
Exploring Options for Childcare
Centre for Family Literacy Hands On Learning Sessions
Running a Preschool Board 101
More information about the Fall Gathering will be available soon and registration will open on September 1.
The Fringe Theatre Adventures Society is ecstatic to be building on the energy and success of last
year’s festival and are committed to cultivating and nurturing the ongoing relationship between
the Strathcona Community, its residents, businesses, neighbors and visitors. The following
notification is provided to inform and connect. We hope that you are able to come be a part of
the magic and Fringe with us!
Read the notification here: Community Notification Details_Fringe Festival_2017
Thursday, August 17 to Sunday, August 27, 2017 (11 Days)
Outdoors Festival Site
including all outdoor stages, busking pitches, food vendors and artisans
August 18 – 26 from 1100 to 23:00 hrs
August 17 from 18:00 to 23:00 hrs
August 27 from 11:00 to 20:00 hrs
Indoor Festival Venues
41 venues presenting over 220 shows located throughout Edmonton
Indoor shows are scheduled between 11:00 hrs with the last performances to start at 23:59 hrs or
earlier. The maximum length of show at the Fringe is 90 mins.
August 18 – 23 from 10:00 – 18:00 hrs
August 24 & 25 from 10:00 – 20:00 hrs
August 26 & 27 from 10:00 – 18:00 hrs
Saturday, August 12 to Wednesday, August 30, 2017
- Full closure of 104 Street Service Lane from 82 to 86 Avenue
- Full closure of 83 Avenue from Calgary Trail to Gateway Boulevard including the bike lane and sidewalks.
- Full closure of 84 Avenue from Calgary Trail to Arts Barns including Service Alley.
Monday, August 14 to Wednesday, August 30, 2017
- Single northbound lane closure on the west side of 103 Street (Gateway Boulevard) from 82 to 86 Avenue
- Full closure of 85 Avenue from Calgary Trail to alley.
- Service alley north of 85 closed up until Youth Emergency Shelter Fence.
Thursday, August 17 to Sunday, August 27, 2017
- Please note that travel delays are anticipated along Gateway Boulevard and Calgary Trail given higher pedestrian traffic. A volunteer supported temporary pedestrian crossing is available on Gateway Boulevard and 85 Avenue during the festivals hours.
Saturday, August 12 to Friday, September 1, 2017
- Dr. Wilbert McIntyre Park
- Light Horse Park
- Festival Venues
Information about festival venues, including a map of all venue locations can be found on our website